The game play itself is very fun. You start out imprisoned and long story short while your head is on the cutting block, a dragon comes and destroys the town while you make a break for it. This scene is about a 10 minute cinematic which usually would piss me off, but I enjoyed it to say the least.
The graphics are outstanding and well done. 5/5 on that.
The actual game play I give a 4/5
I started off the game as a caster wanting to set stuff a blaze and summon minions. It was fairly disappointing due to the lack of balance and buggy summoned units. I eventually swapped over to a sword wielding melee. A few reasons why I didn't give this a 5/5 were because of the following:
- The map is gigantic and there are to few monsters to kill unless you enter a dungeon.
- Mostly everything is done on foot unless you STEAL a horse. Due to this it takes really long to travel around ( about 15 minutes in between towns )
- The autosave feature isn't set up all that well. You can run for 15 minutes, but if you die in transit you will have to make the same annoying run again.
- Manual save you say? Ya you can! Hitting f5 every 3 minutes isn't annoying when you're trying to enjoy the game. Also if you save a bad spot ( this is the most awful thing about the game ) perhaps you didn't see a bear behind you ( which is a 1-2 hit kill and out runs you ) and of course the bear wants to kill you which it does 99% of the time. Good luck when you return to the game that you saved and have to get away from the bear over and over again.
- No online game play. You can't even show off!
The storyline is well done and enjoyable. 5/5
And to sum it all up I leave you with an arrow to the knee.